This one day course will provide Arts Leaders with knowledge and skills to improve mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
- How to manage stress and prevent overwhelm.
- How to have a supportive and safe conversation with a colleague who is experiencing signs and symptoms of distress.
- What to do in a crisis.
- Resources for sign-posting.
- Ideas and best practice for creating a psychologically safe and inclusive workplace environment.
- How to look after yourself.
Suitable For :
Anyone who has a leadership role within the arts sector. The course may be of particular interest to those who have health and safety responsibilities and pastoral responsibilities such as Company Managers, Directors, Stage Managers, Producers, HR professionals, team leaders.
Maria Pattinson provides Mental Health First Aid training for theatre organisations. She has a thirty year career of working in the industry herself as a producer and director and draws upon that to make the course specifically relevant to theatre practitioners. During the pandemic, Maria designed and ran sessions on Resilience in the Performing Arts for companies and presented a webinar on the topic as part of Theatre Means Business. For more information go to www.outiscompany.org.uk