- Fundraising and development staff working in the performing arts, including orchestras, theatres, venues, concert halls etc.
- Those new to fundraising or those looking to refresh their skills in this area.
The day will cover the following areas:
- Fundraising strategies and research techniques
- Charitable trusts and foundations
- Individual Giving and Membership schemes, corporate support and events
- How to get the most out of boards and development advisory groups
- The course includes a six-month email follow-up service, answering basic questions that have occurred since the course took place.
At the end of this course you will:
- Have a working knowledge of the many different ways to raise money
- Know how best to apply that knowledge
- Know how to plan a fundraising strategy and write applications and proposals
- Have a clear understanding of what NOT to do when trying to attract funds.
Sarah Gee is co-founder and Managing Partner of Indigo-Ltd. She has worked with scores of theatres, arts centres and music organisations across the UK and overseas, including Sinfonia Cymru, Bolton Octagon, Kings Place, Talawa, Warwick Arts Centre, Leeds College of Music, mac birmingham, Derby Theatre, British Council, and the European Broadcasting Union. She is the Midlands Area Hub lead for the Arts Fundraising Fellowship programme, and regularly both chairs and speaks at arts conferences.