Learn about principles of marketing including planning, targeting, segmentation and relationships. Gain a working knowledge about specific marketing techniques.
"Great for beginners but also a good refresher for anyone who has an understanding of theoretical marketing."
- Those who are expected to 'do' marketing as part of their job, but haven't received any formal training.
- Those who want to get into marketing and for those who are currently doing it and want a better grasp of the bigger picture.
The day will include a number of practical exercises and various case studies. Participants will learn about principles of marketing including planning, targeting and segmentation and relationships. You will also gain a working knowledge about specific marketing techniques including knowing your customer, choosing the right medium for your message and monitoring and evaluation.
At the end of this course you will:
- Have a working knowledge of the four stages of a marketing planning cycle;
- Know how best to apply that knowledge;
- Know how to plan and implement a marketing campaign; and
- Understand the importance of audience development and the benefits it can bring to your organisation.
Joanna Sigsworth is Head of Marketing and Communications at Nottingham Playhouse. Her career has included roles at Leicester's Curve Theatre, Town Hall and Symphony Hall (THSH) in Birmingham, the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and Northern Ballet. She holds an MBA from Durham University Business School and is a Chartered Marketer and Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Melanie Ryan has worked at the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra for 18 years, holding the position of Marketing Manager for much of this time. In May 2014 she took up the new role of CRM & Insight Manager for the CBSO.