This course will provide you with the knowledge and practical tools to tackle the many and varied health and safety issues within that arise within your organisation. This course covers current legislation, theory and practice of health and safety management and includes practical exercises and tests.
- Those in a position of responsibility for the management of health and safety issues in theatre and production environments.
- Introducing IOSH Managing Safely®
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Assessing risk
- Controlling risk
- Identifying hazards
- Manual Handling
- COSHH and Electricity
- Work Equipment
- Occupation Hazards
- Fire Safety
- Noise Awareness
- Work at Height
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment.
- Participants will be awarded an IOSH Managing Safely® Certificate. Delegates will be required to attend all 3 days of training and complete both the written and practical assessments before this is awarded.
- This course is designed and quality controlled by the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH).
Phill Brown started his career with the Ministry of Defence working in a variety of positions including UK and International security management. He then moved within the NHS in safety, risk and security management positions, before becoming Risk Management Director for ATG. In 2016 Phill was recruited by Solt|UK Theatre to be the inaugural Head of Risk & Safety for our industry. Phill is a Chartered Fellow of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CFIOSH) & a Fellow & Trustee of International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (FIIRSM).