Managing volunteers is very different from managing staff. This course will give you ideas on keeping your volunteer team engaged, motivated and up-to-date, as well as how to manage different personalities.
- Front of House other staff directly managing volunteers
- Those new to Volunteer Management or those looking to refresh their skills in this area
- Recruiting volunteers from diverse backgrounds
- Developing new policies and procedures within legal frameworks
- Ongoing support and guidance for your volunteers
- How to have those difficult conversations and manage exit strategies
- Have ideas of how to tackle diversity and inclusion issues within your volunteer team
- Have a clear understanding of how to support volunteers at all levels of their careers
- Understand how to deal with difficult situations
- Know how to manage exit strategies for volunteers in a clear and fair way
Sandra Lynes Timbrell has worked in the cultural sector for 20 years. She is Director of Visitor Engagement at St Paul's Cathedral where she leads the commercial, visitor experience, and marketing teams. In her previous role she was Director of Visitor Experience at Shakespeare's Globe, with responsibility for creating a new visitor focused department from several diverse teams including around 600 volunteers. Sandra has also held senior roles at Museum of London and English Heritage.