Designed to support Trustees to take the leadership step into Chair roles, this practical course gives participants the confidence to know how to take on this key leadership role within a charity and how to develop effective boards.
Who is this for?
This course is aimed at those individuals looking to be a Chair of an arts, culture or heritage organisation. Participants should already have experience as a charity Trustee.
You will learn:
- The key skills needed to effectively Chair a charitable organisation
- The legal and financial responsibilities of a Chair
- How to manage the dynamic between Trustees and staff, getting the best out of your workforce and your board
- How best to network and share learning experiences with other established trustees
- Exploring the key challenges of being a Chair and how to effectively overcome them
This course covers the following Occupational Standards for Arts Fundraising. Find out more about our Occupational Standards here: